When hiring a full time custodian for your corporate office is not cost effective, it’s time to consider an after hours cleaning service. Maintaining a clean and sanitary environment is essential to keeping your office running at peak efficiency. Having your employees know that you are also being environmentally responsible and health conscious is also something many corporate VPs don’t consider.
More healthy natural cleaning alternatives exists, but people are just not aware of them. Consider hiring a green cleaning service to keep the employees, cleaners and the environment safe.
Here are some tips on how to hire a service.
- Make sure the service is insured. Ask to see an insurance certificate from your service. Many companies hire private individuals to clean their space. In the event that the cleaning staff gets hurt, your company may be liable for injuries incurred on your property. Make sure that the workers comp insurance is on file in such an event.
- Be sure the products used to clean do not have any long term health effects to people who clean, or your employees who interact with the cleaned surfaces. Many ingredients in standard cleaning products such as bleach can cause serious health consequences in the long run. Affordable green alternatives are available. Choose a non toxic option, and ask to see an ingredients list for the products being used.
- Ask to see your service’s client list. Knowing that they have experience in doing other large facilities is a good indication if they are qualified to do yours.
- Does the service present themselves in a professional manner? Do they have a checklist for services rendered? Many experienced cleaning services will offer a corporate cleaning checklist, so you know exactly what you are getting, and what the frequency, days and times of service are. They will also be able to give you an accurate quotation of price. Many services have dress code standards for their employees, and many will distinguish themselves with a uniform so you can tell exactly who is authorized to be in your building.
- Is the cleaning service prepared to sign a contract for a term of service? Most services have a standard contract that runs for 6 months to a year. There should be a provision in the contract, that if services rendered are not performed, you may break the contract. This protects you as a business from being locked into a service that is not performing up to par.
All of these points are very important when contracting a service to clean your business or corporate headquarters. Follow these tips, and you will be sure to have a pleasant and productive experience with your cleaning service. For more tips on green corporate cleaning go to greenandcleanmaids.net/blog/